Effective Quotation of Swami Vivekananda
1. If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be
accomplished—mountains can be crumbled into atoms.
2. Take up one idea.Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream
of it, live on idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of
your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea
alone. This is the way to success.
3. Come out into the universe of Light. Everything in the universe is
yours, stretch out your arms and embrace it with love. If you every
felt you wanted to do that, you have felt God.
4. All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind;
the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind.
5. Stand up, be bold,be strong. Take thewhole responsibility on your
own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny.
All the strength and succor you want is within yourself.
Therefore make your own future.
6. There is no help for you outside of yourself; you are the creator
of the universe. Like the silkworm you have built a cocoon around
yourself…. Burst your own cocoon and come out aw the beautiful
butterfly, as the free soul. Then alone you will see Truth.
7. It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for
us. Our thought make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly.
The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper
light. First, believe in this world, that there is meaning behind
everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If
you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the
right light. Throw the burden on yourselves!
8. Hold to the idea, “I am not the mind, I see that I am thinking, I
am watching my mind act,” and each day the identification of yourself
with thoughts and feelings will grow less, until at last you can
entirely separate yourself from the mind and actually know it to be
apart from yourself.
9. All love is expansion, all selfishness is contraction. Love is
therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish
is dying. Therefore love for love’s sake, because it is law of life,
just as you breathe to live.
10. Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to
his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as
near as possible to the Truth.
11. Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his
or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every
work into one that suits their taste.
12. Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you
cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers and let them go their own
13. Each work has to pass through these stages—ridicule, opposition,
and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to
14. If you think that you are bound,you remain bound; you make your
own bondage. If you know that you are free, you are free this moment.
This is knowledge, knowledge of freedom. Freedom is the goal of all
15. As long as we believe ourselves to be even the least different
from God, fear remains with us; but when we know ourselves to be
the One, fear goes; of what can we be afraid?
16. Your Atman is the support of the universe—whose support do you
stand in need of? Wait with patience and love and strength. If
helpers are not ready now, they will come in time. Why should we be in
a hurry? The real working force of all great work is in its
almost unperceived beginnings.
17. Learning and wisdom are superfluities, the surface glitter merely,
but it is the heart that is the seat of all power. It is not in the
brain but in the heart that the Atman, possessed of knowledge, power,
and activity, has its seat.
18. Understanding human nature is the highest knowledge, and only by
knowing it can we know God? It is also a fact that the knowledge of God
is the highest knowledge, and only by knowing God can we understand
19. Purity, patience,and perseverance are the three essentials to
success and, above all, love.
20. If you want to have life, you have to die every moment for it.
Life and death are only different expressions of the same thing looked
at from different standpoints; they are the falling and the rising of
the same wave, and the two form one whole.
21. Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this
divinity within by controlling nature, external and internal. Do this
either by work, or worship or psychic control or philosophy – by one
or more or all of these and be free.
Compilation- Nandlal Mishra