|Photo Credit: giphy.com|
Should I tell you a secret? Only 6% of the worlds population look like the definition of handsome and hot I gave above. The rest of the 94% looks just like you and me. I mean how do you actually measure someone's beauty? How can you tell that by having a perfect hour-glass figure or having 6 packs make you look sexy? I've never really understood beauty.
Now I'm not going to go real deep and tell you all that true beauty lies within. That's crap - no one really believes that. Everyone falls for a person with attractive physical features, and if your going to say you don't - then you're lying. I hate the term 'beauty' 'handsome' and 'hot' - these words make a person feel insecure. These days everyone is trying to look perfect. But for whom?
I have nothing against people who look perfect, to each their own choice. What I'm more concerned is the direction we're all heading towards. Personally I'm proud of the way I look - I don't exercise more than I need to, I never diet and I dress in the most absurd clothes you can think of. It is us that has made such a fake perception of beauty that the real meaning of beauty has been lost amidst the standard of beauty that 'media' and 'people' has set. Some people go to such length to look perfect that they starve themselves.
I just want to emphasize that the only person you should look good for is you yourself. Beauty is not physical appearance, beauty is self confidence. Physical appearance is just for what 30 or 40 years maximum, but what about after that? Your body will not remain the same forever. Will you still have your perfect figure and 6 packs when your old. The real beauty is making others awestruck of your presence and radiance and no matter how perfect you try to look - it's the inner self belief and confidence that can bring out that aura. For me beauty is very realistic. I find beauty in simple things - such as how much you respect woman, or how you treat someone younger than you or simply taking a stroll while having a hearty laugh.
And if you consider beauty to be to look perfect - then I'm happy being ugly.